Old August 4th 05, 10:38 PM
Phil Kane

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:50:26 -0400, Cyrus Afzali wrote:

No, you need to get a clue and stop being an ass. You are free to
disclose the content of ANY, and I mean ANY, conversation that's sent
out over the public airwaves. A person can't be charged with a crime
for passing along the content of something that's not illegal to
monitor in the first place.

I'll say it again - read Section 605. It's clear that what you have
stated is NOT accurate. Violations of that section can be
prosecuted administratively (civil forfeiture/fine) by the FCC or
criminally by the Justice Department.

Civil forfeitures was what I did at the FCC before I retired.

--
=== Stand Clear of the Closing Doors, Please ===

Phil Kane -- Beaverton, Oregon
PNW Milepost 754 -- Tillamook District