Old August 5th 05, 09:16 AM
Phil Nelson

Bet there is a buyer, and consider how much better this investment is than
if someone had purchased $15,000 of Polaroid, Enron or Xerox.

Folks, if you want to invest, get yourself some nice, safe, not to mention
unbreakable-and-non-rusting bonds or mutual funds.

Anybody who buys radio stuff (of which I have way too much) for investment
purposes is in serious need of professional therapy.

If I had bought $15,000 worth of MSFT in 1985, I could probably buy the
world's supply of KW-1s and then cruise off in my spoiled-brat boat from my
condo on St. Barts for a vacation in Hawaii.

If I had bought one of these for $15,000 in 1985 and could now sell it for
$20,000 (figuring in storage fees etc. as needed) , well . . . you do the
math. Maybe I could buy a medium-sized plasma TV. Not the most thrilling
return for a 20-year investment.

If you like old radio stuff, buy it for love, not for money. And don't bet
your retirement or your kids' college money on it :-)

Regards,

Phil Nelson
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html