Old August 5th 05, 06:48 PM

HEDAASH wrote:

Gentlemen,

It all depends on: the time of day; the critical angle; and the
frequency of interest. The best thing is to get one of the free
propagation programs, and play with it to fully understand the
implications of the three variables working together.

In reality, unless you are in the business of SIGINT, or going for all
DX awards, it is of little use to most SWL or operators.

Joe
In the orignal thread we we wondering/debating what, if any, RF
penetrated the ionosphere. Not all that practical a musing as
none of us are likely to be on the far side of the ionosphere. I had
mentioned that I remembered reading that at all frequencies some
RF made it through to free space.

I was attempting to correct me error.

A good understanding of propagation does help snag the rare
ones.

Terry