Old April 1st 04, 12:08 AM
Uncle Peter

"Bruno Hache" wrote in message
Hello,

I am in the process of restoring an old S-120 which needed a new
potentiometer. I have replaced the part w/a new one (same type) and at

this
moment, when I turn the radio on, I hear nothing but cracking sounds from
one of the resistors nearby.

I am thinking of installing a condenser (sp?) which should hold the

charges
from the resistors.

Any idea if this should work, or am I lost out in this?

Thanks,
Bruno Hache
(1st year Electronics Student)

First, did the radio WORK before you changed the pot????

If it was working, then the first thing you should look for is
something like solder blobs causing shorts, bare wires
touching where they shouldn't, etc.

Pete