Old August 7th 05, 12:29 AM
BDK

In article , mthill@buckeye-
expressNOSPAM.com says...

wrote in message
Mary wrote:
I just bought a PRO-2033 and would like to hear 460.300 and what's listed
Do you think I am a) doing it wrong. b) the scanner itself doesn't
function

Oh--you DO have an
antenna of some kind hooked to it?

I said newbie, not stupid

This is how you do it:

(From the info on the 2033 (There is no manual online!)

STORING FREQUENCIES INTO CHANNELS

You can store a frequency into each of the scanner's 10 channels. Good
references for active frequencies are Radio Shack's "Police Call Guide
Including Fire and Emergency Services," "Maritime Frequency Directory,"
and "Aeronautical Frequency Directory." We update these directories
every year so be sure to get a current copy.

1. Press MANUAL. Enter the channel number you want to store a
frequency in.

2. Press PROGRAM. 000.000 flashes on the display.

3. Enter the desired frequency. (example 460.300, remember the decimal
point!)

4. Press E (enter) to store the frequency. The stored frequency
flashes
on the display.

If you made a mistake in Step 3, ERROR appears on the display. Press */
CLEAR and repeat Steps 3-4.

5. Repeat Steps 1-4 to program more channels.

If you want to program the next channel in order, repeat Steps 2-

BDK