Old August 7th 05, 02:43 AM
Mary

"Panzer240" wrote in message
Barry OGrady wrote in
:

RTFM.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Very helpful

Mary you can try initalizing the scanner by doing the following:

INITIALIZING THE SCANNER

If the scanner's display locks up or does not work properly after you
connect to power, follow these steps to initialize the scanner.

Caution: This procedure clears all information in the scanner's memory.
Initialize the scanner only when you are sure the scanner is not
working properly.

1. Turn off your scanner by turning VOLUME toward OFF until it clicks.

2. Press and hold 2, 9, and */CLEAR, then turn VOLUME toward MAX to turn
on the scanner.

Which came of Radio Shacks web site, They don't have the manual there as
you said but there is some info about features etc and this was in the
installation section

Hoep it helps a bit

--
Panzer

I tried all the suggestions here, including resetting the unit, but with no
good results. I removed the antenna while it was on and there was no
difference whatsoever in what I was hearing. Here is a description of the
antenna that came with it:

30 to 512MHz. Extends to 40". (Use plug adapter #278-117 for scanners that
have BNC connector.)

So how do I know if it has a BNC connector? Maybe the antenna needs an
adapter? Could this be the case, even though I do get the 'wx' broadcasts?

All new stuff to me - I feel like other people do when I talk about software
In too deep.

Thanks for the hand!!