Old August 7th 05, 05:00 AM
Frank Dresser

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
k.net...

[snip]

So, when we talk Collins, it is not some radio that is stored in a bank
vault, it is used daily, then sold when you are moving on to a retirement
home for more money than you paid for it. Maintenance costs are almost
zero.

[snip]

How many people will want to buy the Collins? Younger people now consider
electronics as disposable as an old PlayStation or an IBM 486. They listen
to music, but it's on CDs or MP3s. They aren't radio listeners. For the
most part, they aren't radio amateurs, anymore. More than that, there's a
real chance digital radio may be well on it's way to making all the analog
radios obselete.

I'm sure there will still be a few of today's twenty or thirty somethings
who want an old Collins. But I really doubt there will be a large number of
them, and they will have plenty of radios to pick from.

Frank Dresser