Old August 7th 05, 05:48 PM
Hambone da Magnificent

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
Sure looks like it. What would the play be here?

This one does not smell like a "shill-bid setup" to me.
More like a feeding frenzy as the R-1000 was not a
common radio (low production numbers) and the one
shown looks to be in near-mint and well kept.

Like most e-bay ham and related auctions
the price is way overblown. The most I would pay
for an Kenwood R-1000 would be $250 in mint
shape or $165.00 worn and well used.

Again, this don't look like a shill-bid situation.
The clear tipoff to a classic ham radio dealer
shill-auction is bids where 30% or more of
the total bids are "Undisclosed Bidders" on
the Bid History.

I would not touch ANY e-Bay auction that has 'undisclosed' bids
at any time with a 20' Lineman's Hotstick pole in rubber gloves.
Anyone who does is asking to be taken as such are RAMPANT
in the Ham Radio categories on e-Bay and are exclusively run
by ex-hamfest dealers who will steal you blind in a heartbeat.