Old August 8th 05, 04:32 AM
an_old_friend

John Smith wrote:
AOF:

I checked out Art Bell's site, but couldn't get any figures on how many
"space aliens" are residing in California, I would have loved to have made
a comparison to their numbers with amateurs, as a ratio... I think that
me be another story, perhaps a "gov't conspiracy" and they are obfuscating
the facts... heart-felt-frown

80%? Eight out of ten? You think I am an alarmist if I use "almost all"
to describe that kind of percentage? grin

I do think you are an alarmist, OTOH the state of affairs does call for
it
but 8 of ten is my experence and 1.5 out of ten are pushing upper 50's

John

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 19:56:28 -0700, an_old_friend wrote:

John Smith wrote:
To all:

I do have opinions, I do believe I try to form correct ones. I believe I
change, adapt and re-think these opinions--and frequently, if there exists
proof to the contrary of these beliefs--I would be an IDIOT not to change
them, and men of sound sanity and judgement will be the judges. And, what
is true today may change, it may not be true forever--I would like to keep
in step with my beliefs.

However, somethings I believe a

1) There are more illegal aliens in the state of California, alone, than
there are LICENSED amateurs in the whole united states.

there may be more aliens in LA than hams

2) I believe there are more unemployed in the state of California, alone,
than there are LICENSED amateurs in the whole united states.

3) I believe almost ALL generals and extras are sixty years of age and
above.

90% or more like 80% ? what you caling almost all

myself about I guess about 80%

4) I believe amateur has become a group of self-serving old men of
yesteryear and they impede progress, I am unclear if they realize they are
doing this, or the extent which others see them as doing that.

Personaly I believe they do not realize it

5) I believe MOST amateur gear is outdated, uses technology from
yesteryear and manufacturers see hams as a minute group in regards to
sales and expendature on research and development and retooling.

6) I believe, right now as I type this, that this is all in the first
stages of a massive change.

I truely hope you are right Sir I turely do

7) I believe amateur are a "Non-Issue" purely from these dismal numbers.

I'd love to call you a liar on that one

8) I believe much more, and it all points in the direction of the
above--amateur radio will change/adapt or die, and the oldsters would have
it die--either out of disability, ignorance or design, but the effect
would be the same--and I believe even as I type this a few move towards
the other direction, and a new day for amateur radio--I believe the truly
great men in amateur radio died when the old guy who assisted me in
getting tickets died, and I believe he would have been man enough to
have stood up to the plate and called a spade, a SPADE!

I am a believer...

John