Old April 7th 04, 01:44 AM

"William Warren" wrote in message news:EDxcc.83367$K91.181568@attbi_s02...
Let's have a show of hands: how many boatanchor hams would like to see the
BAMA site go to Bittorrent?

Negative. It's a peer-to-peer potential security issue among other
things, and we can well be patient enough to d/l from the site or the
mirror as available, and without having to get matched up with buddies
to get the info.

But a very good thing to do for easing up the load a great deal, would
be to dump horrid Acrobat & convert all those huge .pdf's into .djvu
or into anything less of a PITA than Acrobat size-wise. Huge .pdf's
often drop data, too, making long d/l's sometimes extra frustrating,
particularly on dialups. Even all .jpgs would be far smaller. As for
..djvu, it seems to be about half the size of .pdf's, and the free
reader is less cluttered & clunky to boot. I would think this would
also save a lot of expensive server real estate.