Old August 8th 05, 11:05 PM
John N9JG

Do you mind telling me who you bought your tubes from? I am trying to place
an order through Tom's Tubes, but his computer is sick and is being operated
upon.

"K3HVG" wrote in message
I just bought a pair of Chinese graphite-plate 3-500ZG and they work just
fine. I think the Chinese have come a long way in their quality. Not to
give them a 100% pass, however, a few years ago we (our Agency) had a 100%
rejection rate for 6146's that our contracting personnel went for low-bid
despite warnings.

John N9JG wrote:
I am not sure if the Drake L4-B qualifies as a suitable topic for this
newsgroup, but it does use tubes and the power supply could be used as an
anchor for a small boat.

Are the Chinese 3-500ZGs a drop-in replacement for the Eimac 3-500Z in
the Drake L-4B?

John, N9JG