Old August 9th 05, 08:32 PM

From: John Smith on Aug 9, 10:53 am

We need to scale back NASA and any space plans, other then the pursuit of
maintaining military superiority in space, if needed and focusing on
developing a fuel source which is not harming the planet and threatening
to bring us to our knees from dwindling supplies.

A scientific project on the scale of NASA and designed to develop a new
fuel, or new fuels, would be in our best interests...

Priorities need to be examined here...

For an alternate way to reach terrestrial orbit, one possibility
is shown in the August 2005 issue of the IEEE SPECTRUM. It is the
cover story. In the same issue (beginning page 12) is a story
where Europe is joining Russia in building the "next" space shuttle.

SPECTRUM is viewable on the IEEE website, www.ieee.org.