Old August 9th 05, 10:33 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear "Gary Smith" (no call sign):

Wow! I agree with Reg! Perhaps he has yet to start on evaluating this
evening's wine.

Waveguide-in-cutoff, with coupling at each end and means for moving at
least one end towards and away from the other end, will do. K7ITM's
comments are also important for success. 73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
What you need is a standard Piston attenuator whose performance is
largely calculable. Forget about dinky wire-ended resistors whose
performance in attenuators is a matter of guesswork.
----
Reg.

====================================

"Gary Smith" wrote in message
Hi, i would like to build a variable attenuator for 450-500MHz. It

will be
used for RDF assistance.
Could people please give me construction details of different

designs or
different ideas on the topic.

I woould love an electronic RDF unit but havn't found many kits here

in
Australia so an attenuator will be
a good start.

Thanks