Old August 11th 05, 01:21 PM
Bob Bob

Marc and Richard

UKWTools will give you coverage plots based on, terrain, ground type,
freq, antenna gain using the Longley-Rice model. Freq coverage I think
is from 20MHz to 20GHz but doesnt (obviously) include ionospheric effects.

It uses SRTM and GTOP30 terrain data, is GPL and available for both
Windows and Linux

It does not give a coverage plot for gain in a specific direction. It
assumes the gain is omnidirectional.

Found here http://www.qslnet.de/member/g4klx in the Software section

Feel free to ask me more about it or provide an output sample,

Cheers Bob VK2YQA/W5

Richard Fry wrote:

"Marc Delporte" wrote

By tracing the directional pattern of the antenna system on a sheet of
tissue paper, then placing the paper over the azimuthal map,
the "coverage" of the antenna will be readily evident.