Old August 12th 05, 03:56 AM
Mr Fed UP

Have you considered a divining rod and holding it backwards?

Sorry couldn't resist the humor... but on the serious side,, I got
114,000 hits for a Yahoo search for "pool leak detector"
Might be something in that pile to help.
Good luck Gary

"Joel" wrote in message
This is a above ground pool with a vinyl liner.. about 27 feet in
diameter, we had a special liner installed in it so we have the ground dug
out so the deep end is about 6 and half feet deep. The bottom is cement as
it's the only way to keep the sand from migrating along the bottom to the
deep end. So a leak is a bugger to find as the liner leaks and the cement
bottom send the water in all directions. I had another leak a year or so
ago and I ended up draining the pool and finely found it and repaired it.
In this case I can't drain the pool again, as the line probably won't take
another streaching. And -ex- your probably right, I need to get a expert
out here.. I live about 200 miles from Nashville and 150 from Memphis, and
that's where these 'experts' probably would have to come. So if I could
find this thing it would be great. I know they make some sort of
electronic gismos for finding leaks, I just have no idea how they work.

Joe AG4QC
"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
In article , "Joel"
wrote:

The problem is it could be on the bottom or sides and I need something
better then my eyes to find it. It certainly is leaking as I have
standing
water all around the pool.

Joe-

I've never had a pool, but it seems to me that standing water could only
be the result of a gross leak. You should be able to see it with the
naked eye.

Isn't it more likely that a leak would be in the external plumbing
associated with the pool? How else could the pool have a water level
lower than the surrounding standing water, unless it is located in a
swamp?

73, Fred, K4DII