Old August 11th 05, 10:37 PM
John Smith

AOF:

Really? Well the "evolution line" they got going in the schools (to
generate a basis for removing our "inalienable rights granted by our
creator") states this as proof we evolved from the sea--now you are here
to take on that argument huh? Well, BULLY! for you! Time someone did...

John

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:30:04 -0700, an_old_friend wrote:

John Smith wrote:
... on a side note, our blood (human blood, if everyone here is human!)
contains roughly the same proportion of salt per given volume as sea water ...

John I think you are blowing this one, not a biologist but as I recal
from dim memeroies of a class I was bored to nearly to tears by we are
a salty (baring over eating on salt) as the oceans were somewhere about
the Cambrian (gelolgical people think in such timelines about 650M if
memeroy serves) and the ocean is slwoly getting slatier over time (as
an average gets saltier in age ages and less salt in between but the
trend line is up

John

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:50:03 -0700, John Smith wrote:

Michael:

Chlorine and sodium a BIG problem? The temperatures involved in
separating the base elements, sodium and chlorine, from sea water are not
found during the extraction of hydrogen and oxygen. Indeed, you would
have to take the salt byproduct (sodium chloride) and melt it using
carbon-graphite electrodes and ending up with chlorine gas and the sodium
metal.

What, now we must suffer your pseudo-science in chemistry? Having you
generate further false "facts?" And, forcing me into the part of a
"troll" as I attempt to correct falsehoods being perpetrated on those
challenged in the knowledge of chemistry?

John

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:07:38 -0400, Michael Coslo wrote:

wrote:

Michael Coslo wrote:

What are the byproducts of converting seawater to hydrogen and oxygen?

Mostly salt.

Hey Jim, I forgot to mention Sodium hydroxide as well as Chlorine. While
we often purposefully generate Cl via hydrolysis, the amounts that would
be generated by hydrogen fuel production on a national scale would be
an immense problem.

- Mike KB3EIA -