Old August 12th 05, 05:05 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

The plug into the outlet thing is kind of a day late and a dollar short IMO.
My desktop computers are plugged into the walls, but all of the family laptops
are wireless. So it might be a hard sell to tell someone that they will just
have to plug into the wall socket to get their internet, when they now don't
have to connect to anything!

Your laptops would likely continue wireless via your home network. But just
like now, somewhere you'd need to "plug in" to connect to your ISP.

Correct, they would have to plug in somewhere. But it sure takes the
wind out of that "advantage" of BPL. Right now, I plug into my cable.
The only selling point is that they could run into your house without
having to physically come into your house. Big deal. Gimme the fiber!

- Mike KB3EIA -