Old August 13th 05, 12:09 AM
bpnjensen

You have no idea what evil forces are at work laughing their asses off at
Americans like you.

He says, with the tone of one who knows first hand...???
Bruce Jensen

Booo!!!

???

You sounded so certain of your statement, with so much authority
implied, that I just naturally assumed...

....but maybe, if we read carefully enough, we could instead assume,
based on your words, that none of us has any idea - maybe there are no
evil forces at all laughing. And perhaps our government *hasn't* been
square with us. Wouldn't be the first time, nor, I'd wager, the last.

I think it's rather weird to support a President on every position he
represents, whether we agree with that position or not. He isn't God,
for God's sake...just a fallible human, like you and me. This, without
even getting into the question of his generalized competency for the
job. Frankly, if he's wrong, he's WRONG and we have an obligation to
try to correct his path. We can argue about whether he is wrong until
doomsday, but eventually we must take the lead.

We condemn other peoples of history of marching lock-step with their
leaders down dubious paths, whether they be Fascist, Communist,
self-styled two-bit dictators or whatever. Should we not be more
circumspact when it comes to our own leaders so that we can at least
try to keep the worst parts of history from repeating themselves?

That's all for me - the weekend is here. Have a good one.

Bruce Jensen