Old April 21st 04, 09:05 PM
Mike Knudsen

In article , Doug
writes:

That green/yellow frequency dial tape was also a pain in the butt to
repair. Its sprocket holes would wear. Of course, I'm talking about in
heavy duty usage.

The mechanical digital readout of the R-390 series had it all over the
dial system of that Mackay.

Now you've got all of us Racal RA-17 family owners shaking in our boots!
Will our dial tapes wear out soon? What will we do then?

Now, my RA-17C is pretty well worn on the front panel, seems to have had lots
of use, but the tape still reads within a KC, and the holes don't seem to be
worn.
Maybe Racal did a better job than MacKay?
Tnx es 73, Mike K.
Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.