Old August 14th 05, 12:49 AM
Bill Crocker

For your needs, you'll probably be content with the R20. But down the road,
should you want to monitor trunked, or digital public safety, you'll be out
of luck.

Bill Crocker

"DougSlug" wrote in message
Bill, what types of features would you say "scanners" have over the R20?
And which models might you be referring to? I think I'm probably more
interested in the "communications receiver" type of performance, but I'd
like to understand some of the differences.

- Doug

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
I see a lot of used ones for sale. It seems many people are selling them
shortly after purchasing them! I think it's most likely a very good
"communications receiver", but a big disappointment when used as a
"scanner" Scanners are far superior features when it comes to scanning.

On Radio Reference a guy had one listed for around $375.00.

Bill Crocker