Old August 14th 05, 06:04 AM
Williams

Default SSB Voice on S-38D by twisting wires

I've had this Hallicrafters S-38D for 4 years, and finally I read how to get SSB voice --phone-- on it. Lower sideband.
Not a word about this capability anywhere else I've looked in the interim.
Now, maybe, the same thing can be done with the S-38A B C and E ["E" what ain't got the little white plastic knob on the back].
I MEAN, NOT ONE FORNICATING WORD, ANYWHERE!
Anyway, ya gotta Yahoo search " "S-38D" " and click on the URL that has http://www.thes38guy.com ...31x.html
Then ya click on his S-38 mod... which ain't a mod... just moving the wires... ostensibly like they supposed to be, anyway.
I've had some computer glitches and haven't been able to cut and paste the URL into here.
The strongly whistling BFO also helps ya spot signals.
Now, I did wrap the wires REAL DARN GOOD 2-3 complete turns, which may be overkill, but I ain't complaining.
Love Ya, Baby!