Old August 14th 05, 11:18 AM
Highland Ham

I have a Kenwood TS50 installed on a boat with a SGC autotuner. The tuner
is grounded to a dynaplate.

I also have a 2000watt inverter/charger built into the boat for ac power
creation from 12v batteries.

Something strange is going on and I jusr don't know where to start
trouble shooting.

When I transmit on frequencies like 14300MHZ usb, no problem.

If I transmit on 7628 LSB 100watts the FET's in my inverter blow up! As
soon as I key the mike I hear a loud pop and there goes another fet.

Firstly , Thank you Roy for your expert advice ; I have stored your message
for future reference.

Secondly , (Silly me) What is a 'Dynaplate' ? I am not a
boating type of person.

Frank GMøCSZ / KN6WH