Old August 14th 05, 03:10 PM
Michael

wrote in message
ups.com...
Do my ears deceive me? Sounds like some weak strains of music on 5005
from Radio Nepal. Anyone else hear it?

Steve

Almost defiantly not them. I'm not going to say impossible, but very
improbable given the time of your post. Even if they used a lot of juice,
it would still be improbable on that frequency at that time. 5005 would
have been sucked up in daylight conditions. About five months ago, I posted
a question to see if anyone was sure how much juice they were using. As
pointed out in this thread, they have a 100 kilowatt transmitter, but it is
not known if they crank it all the way up. I've tried a few times to hear
them and the best I've ever gotten was a het. Who knows if it was them or
not.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: 7600GR,KA-1101,KA-1102
PL-550, KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com