Old August 14th 05, 04:14 PM
Jim

He asked how the ICOM R-20 stacked up against SIMILAR WIDE RECEIVE/ALL MODE
ANALOG RECEIVERS.
You told him "scanners are far more superior features when it comes to
scanning". I asked what scanner covers HF with USB and LSB. I guess all
opinions are welcome as long as they are yours. BTW, I find the ICOM very
easy to use.

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
One of the things he asked about was scan speed. Scan speed on the R20 is
very slow. Ease of use? No Icom's I've seen are what you would classify,
"easy to use".

Oh yea, and he said, "All opinions welcome!"

Bill Crocker

"Jim" wrote in message
news:1123974593.4ea9e8a3175d28170f837b81a11c9439@t eranews...
What "Scanner" covers HF with USB LSB ? I think he said he was
interested in HF all mode analog.

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
I see a lot of used ones for sale. It seems many people are selling them
shortly after purchasing them! I think it's most likely a very good
"communications receiver", but a big disappointment when used as a
"scanner" Scanners are far superior features when it comes to scanning.

On Radio Reference a guy had one listed for around $375.00.

Bill Crocker

"DougSlug" wrote in message
How does the Icom IC-R20 stack up against similar wide receive/all-mode
analog receivers like the Yaesu VR-500 or AOR AR-8200MkIII in terms of
performance (particularly HF), scan speed, overall ease-of-use and
quality? All opinions welcome!

Thanks,
Doug