Old August 15th 05, 12:33 AM
ducksoup

"Alun L. Palmer" wrote in message
. ..
Now that the code test is on it's way to join the buggy whip, we need a

new
issue to argue about. There are a lot of threads here devoted to personal
attacks on people I have never heard of. It's getting too much like 80m!

Try getting back on 14.313 for a welcome change.

Ole Sid the Lid has been heard several times on that
freq this week in the afternoon, along with the kooky
indian from Evansville and a few of the old original
gang of Liberty New QRM'ers from years gone by.
They've seemed to have mellowed out a bit but their
still as ornery and ignorant sounding as they were from
years ago. Seems like things never change on ham radio
until they either die off or go into the 'Happy Acres' rest
home, where the closest thing they'll get to a ham radio
is a transistor radio playing rush on the window table and
the closest thing they'll see to a good Metal Ground Plane
is the chromed stainless steel bedpan that Nurse Ratchet
drops by each evening for the "long nights haul...."