Old August 15th 05, 03:20 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 14 Aug 2005 18:55:44 -0700, wrote in
. com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 14 Aug 2005 16:44:20 -0700, "an_old_friend"
wrote in .com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 14 Aug 2005 15:15:28 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

an_old_friend wrote:
KY4Z, that great bully and bragard alleegded Marine.....

Really? What units and when?

That is a question we have been asking fro YEARS somehow Stevie never
answers

I don't know why anyone would keep their military service a secret
(unless he's really Ollie North).

He can't. He slipped up one day and said that he was in seven hostile
actions, so everything has been hush hush since then. Len did a nice
expose with respect to Steve's age and the possible periods of service,
and it didn't add up to seven events. In-Your-Face about absolutely
everything else, Steve has yet to set the record straight. Stolen
Valor comes to mind.

I googled a few of his posts. "281.6" isn't a USMC MOS, and even if
there was a typo on his DD-214 he would have known the -correct- MOS
because EVERY Marine knows his or her MOS as well as many of the other
MOS's in the related fields: 0311 = grunt; 2531 = grunt w/radio (aka
"sniper target"); 2511 = pole-jockey; 2811 = wire tech; 2861 = radio
tech (usually some asshole shop chief) 2881 = crypto tech..... well,
you get the idea. I also noticed he claims to have a good conduct
"medal". No such animal -- it's just a ribbon. Yep, you got him pegged
alright, he's a wannabe warrior.

I've always been up front about my
service in the USMC:

Plt 2051 out of MCRD San Diego, 1981;
MCCES at MCAGCC (29 Palms), MOS 2841, 1981 to 1983;
3/8 at Camp Geiger (Camp Lejeune's back door), 1983 to 1985;
BLT 3/8, 24th MAU, 1984 (Beirut);

The flag we flew over the former American Embassy in Mogadishu,
December 1992, was last flown in Beirut.

Interesting irony happening there.....

2nd AAV, 'Outhouse' Bay (also part of Camp Lejeune) for several months
in 1985 until discharged.

You're in Ohio, right?

Nope, Washington (the state, not the city). But I had a girlfriend in
Ohio once. A real knockout!