Old August 15th 05, 06:24 AM
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

RHF wrote:

Michael,
.
In spite of the Time of Year, the Time of Day, and what all the
Propagation Indexes and Calculators 'predict'.
.
You sometimes Hear Them - When You Hear Them. [ And Nobody Else Can
]
.
It is sort of like there is this Tunnel in the Sky going
Half-Way-Around-the-World with the Signal Over There getting
'funneled' right down into your Antenna (Here).
.
It may last several minutes or only a few seconds. But for that
brief period of time... It's There !
.
DX - You Got To Be There To Hear It . . . Can You Hear It !
.
the magic and mysteries of dxing - turn the radio on ! ~ RHF

Uh-huh... I recall an incident years ago when a real Sharp individual
(I won't mention his name :-) down in Florida ostensibly heard
Tristan da Cunha on 3290 kHz, running 40 watts, over a total daylight
path.

He sent the station a report and somehow they QSL'd it... after that
the individual was pretty much ostracized, at least in the hobby
press.

It's pretty much impossible to accomplish the impossible.

Well I have heard Australia on 6020 MHz early mornings when it was
daylight at my location and Australia is half way round the world. No
mission is to tough for Telamon!

--
Telamon
Ventura, California