Old August 15th 05, 12:08 PM
Pete KE9OA

I would check a couple of things. First of all, I would check the LO
injection to the display unit.......next, I would check for a bad ground
connection, corrosion, etc. This could cause this type of problem.
Hey, thanks for the TR-751.......it is a nice unit.

Pete

"Murray Green, K3BEQ" wrote in message

Ham friend of mine has a Kenwood TS-830S. Works fine on all bands
except the readout/receiver/transmitter intermittently goes out on the
10 Mhz and 21 Mhz bands. More off than on. He has the maintenance
manual but nothing in there about it.

Any guidance/help on what or where to begin looking at would be
appreciated. He is an excellent technician but this one has him
stumped. Thanks.
73 Murray, K3BEQ