Old August 15th 05, 08:42 PM
Cecil Moore

MD wrote:
I haven't got the room for a good 80m antenna. My vertical covers 40 so no
trouble there. I am looking for ideas on a short 80m that will give half
decent results. I have about 66' available straight or can make some kind of
inverted vee ???

My suggestion: Use the 102 ft G5RV length and let 18 ft. hang down
on each end. Feed it with ~23 ft of 450 ohm ladder-line. Put a
parallel cap of ~1000 pf across the ladder-line at the ladder-line
to coax junction on the antenna side of the choke. You probably won't
even need a tuner for the resonant frequency.

My second choice would be to go with the 66 ft. total length with
high-Q loading coils in the center of each 33 ft. leg.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp