Old August 15th 05, 11:36 PM
Dave Platt

In article ,
Mr Fed UP wrote:

I am soon to inherit my mothers house If I can stay alive longer
than she does with her cancer and me with my heart trubs'
Anyhow, if anyone knows... there are currently no
covenants about antennas for this neighborhood.. Wheew!
I got a copy from the deeds place to be safe and
the covenants expire in 5 more years. 35 yrs from dated
land sub-division development.

Question is what happens after the covenants expire?

Can someone write and file new ones?
Will they have to allow me time etc do file protests or what ever?
If I get my antennas up first do they have to be "grandfathered"
into any new covenants?

I would strongly encourage you to get advice from a local lawyer who
understands your state and local housing laws. There seems to be
quite a bit of variation from one area of the country to another, and
it's likely that advice you might be given might not apply in your area.

In some areas, the local homeowner's association is granted quite a
bit of power to create new covenants. This can be done by the HO's
board, which may or may not have been elected by a majority of the
homeowners, and their actions may or may not be subject to review by
the homeowners.

But I am still stuck with these nagging questions in
today's environment.

If you want answers that you can depend upon, I think you ought to
plan to speak with a lawyer who practices property law in the county
in which the home exists.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO