Old August 16th 05, 12:49 AM
Dave Heil

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:27:48 GMT, Dave Heil wrote
in et:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

snip

Typical hammie attitude -- if you're not a ham you're nobody.

I think you have it wrong, Frank.

Oh really.....

Yep, really.

I believe the typical ham attitude
is: If you aren't a ham and persist in posting material about the
wonders of CB radio in an amateur radio group, *then* you're nobody.

That's one of the difference between holy-hammies and CBers; the
holy-hammies begin their statements with "I believe....." while the
CBers start with "The facts are.....".

You're right. I've heard 'em do it--whether they have facts or not.

And the facts are that his discussion began in -this- newsgroup with
the thread "Emergency communications", where some CB-hating hams
crossposted their highly subjective and speculative opinions to rrcb.
I'm just here to set the record straight. If you don't want CBers in
this newsgroup then quit crossposting your anti-CB garbage.

That's funny. I checked to see if your post had gone to other groups
before I responded. This was the only newsgroup indicated. There goes
your perfectly good rant.

Dave K8MN