Old August 16th 05, 01:10 PM
Steve Silverwood

In article ,
says...
I'm intrigued by all of the Worldstar multiband radios on eBay, some of
which seem to also be sold under the Reader's Digest label. They often go
pretty cheap, and I'm wondering if they would make a decent garage or
camping radio. Are these things any good, or are they complete junk?
Curious that I can find no specs, reviews, or other information anywhere on
the web.

Jeff, if you want a good camping radio, I'd strongly suggest the Radio
Shack DX-375. Looking on eBay right now I'm seeing them going for under
$20. I've got one at home, love it. The only down side is no tuning
knob for tuning around, you have to use the buttons, but other than that
it's slick. In fact, I took it with me to Radio Shack one time when I
was shopping around for something with a few more bells and whistles.
The guy in the store and I brought out some of their portables they had
at the time and did some tuning around, and the 375 picked up stuff that
the fancier radios didn't even hear at all!

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA