Old August 16th 05, 03:00 PM
Rich W.

Thank you all for your input. I will do some experimenting.

Rich W.

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Rich W." wrote:

Will it have any effect, good or bad, if the feed end of a 60 foot sloper
antenna is lower than the opposite end. In order to get 60 feet of
length,
I need to raise the antenna elements as they go away from the house. I
do
not have enough space in the back yard to do it differently. Should I
look
at using a 40 foot sloper instead? Thanks for any information!

Many things come into play that determine how an antenna will work. You
always have to work within the constraints of the situation in which you
live. Best bet is to give it a try and if it works out well then you are
set. If not then you will have to try something else.

With a single element antenna ground is important since it is the other
half of it so install at least one ground rod where the antenna starts
out near the ground. Here I'm assuming you are going to use coax from
the radio to where the antenna begins.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California