Old August 16th 05, 09:46 PM
bpnjensen

Oh, and by the way, Cuhulin - in case you haven't noticed, many of the
people on this newsgroup think you're a creep and treat you badly. In
my response, except for the ribbing about calling you a "selfish
*******," I've been pretty decent and have tried to treat you like the
thinking person I believe you to be. If you want to reap respect, sow
a bit of the same.

I related an idea that not only suggests that we could help
impoverished people with little hope of survival, but also do ourselves
a big favor by making them LESS jealous and likely to "hate our guts,"
as well as make them want to remain in their own nations, and you
dimiss it as *my* namby-pamby BullS..t. I didn't invent the idea, nor
did I make it work, but I have the brain and eyes to recognize a
potentially promising idea when I see it.

Call it what you want, but I see my country getting overcrowded with
people who are desperate to leave their own - they bring with them
their own customs about having massive families they can't support
properly, and that makes the problem worse. I value what little elbow
room I have left here in America, and I value living among insutrious
people who can successfully support themselves without excessive
government payouts (American industry is another story). I think you
do, too. What these ideas propose is a lot cheaper than bombing the
destitute to oblivion (you can feed 1,000,000 impoverished Africans or
Asians or anybody forever for the price of one bomb), and it will help
to improve their nations and preserve ours. That sounds like a
fabulous bargain to me.

Bruce Jensen