Old August 16th 05, 11:56 PM

On 16 Aug 2005 10:26:18 -0700 K4YZ wrote:

| DesignGuy wrote:
| What callsigns are new Amatuer Extra's getting assigned these days in Region
| 4?
|
| The last sequentially issued Group A callsign (as of 12:23 CDT 16
| Aug, when I post this...) was AI4LN, and that was on 01 August.

Looks like they are getting near the end of AA4AA-AL4ZZ. Will they go
with KA4AA-KZ4ZZ and NA4AA-NZ4ZZ and WA4AA-WZ4ZZ next?

| Are there any 1x2 or 2x1 callsigns starting with W/N/K left, or is the
| FCC reverting to AB#CD?
|
| They haven't recycled any callsigns for sequential use since 1978
| when the sequential program began. They do, of course, re-issue calls
| when they are available, for Vanity issue.

IOW, don't put much hope, especially in 4, of getting a cool call from
the sequential draw, when you upgrade. Just keep your old call and try
to see what you can get through the vanity program. Or just keep your
old call so everyone knows you.