Old August 17th 05, 02:08 AM
Dee Flint

wrote in message
On 16 Aug 2005 10:26:18 -0700 K4YZ wrote:

| DesignGuy wrote:
| What callsigns are new Amatuer Extra's getting assigned these days in
Region
| 4?
|
| The last sequentially issued Group A callsign (as of 12:23 CDT 16
| Aug, when I post this...) was AI4LN, and that was on 01 August.

Looks like they are getting near the end of AA4AA-AL4ZZ. Will they go
with KA4AA-KZ4ZZ and NA4AA-NZ4ZZ and WA4AA-WZ4ZZ next?

I believe so. It has been the pattern that when they run out of the highest
block that the license class is eligible for that they just drop down into
the next category. Extras would certainly be eligible for 2x2s beginning
with W, K, or N. The W 2x2 block is gone for sequential issue but I think
there are some still left in the K 2x2 block. I would imagine that they will
pick up at whatever point they are in that sequence. Of course there are Ws
and Ks available in the vanity program and I know some Extras who opted for
those as vanity calls they didn't like the A's or simply because a "cool"
call was available that they liked.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE