Old May 3rd 04, 11:48 PM
Gary hildebrand

David C Dawson wrote in message ...
Does anyone have crystals for the Drake TR-33C 2 meter tranceiver?
I have the following available for trade:
146.640
146.610
146.820
146.880
149.100 (NOTE: not an amateur frequency)

I want the following (some/any)
145.350
146.430
146.680
147.300
--------
any between 146.415 and 146.565 inclusive OR
any between 147.400 and 147.600

Thanks

Dave, you're lucky because all you need is one crystal per frequency
rather than two. The crystals you need are the "receive" crystals
common in many older rockbound rigs.

Best thing to do is find these radios at hamfests, and just
cannibalize the crystals from them and plug in. I think Drake TR22 or
Kenwood TR7200/TR2200 crystals should work right on frequency. Others
may be far enough off that they may or may not tweak onto frequency.

Or, if you like parting with your money, you can order crystals from
several manufacturers. JAN Crystals, Bomar, Cal Crystal Labs, ICM,
Sentry to name a few. These will set you back around $20 each or
more, so this way will add up quickly over the value of the radio in
very short order. Now you understand why even the commercial boys
went to synthesized radios.

Gary Hildebrand WA7KKP