Old August 18th 05, 02:44 AM
ECJ

Default Indoor AM Radio Extension

My radio is in the middle of a building out in the country and I can't
seem to pick up am radio. To solve this problem I tried using speaker
wire to extend it approximately 25 feet to the window in the office
next door reconnecting it to the loop antenna that came with the radio.
I had no luck. Is speaker wire an effective way to extend an AM
antenna? If so what would be the best way to get better results. I
thought maybe tinning the end of the speaker cable that goes into the
radio , as well as soldering the speaker wire directly to the am
antenna instead of just wrapping it might help. Any suggestions are
appreciated.

ECJ