Old August 18th 05, 02:02 PM
Leigh Orf

In rec.radio.amateur.policy wrote:
I'm not a ham, nor do I use a cb.
Now, right now, is when I'm deciding not to get involved with radio at
all. If this is the "community" my friend keeps talking about, well,
I'm just going to stick to computers.

Most of what currently fills this newsgroup up is the work of a small
group of psychopaths who for some strange reason enjoy insulting one
another in a public forum (I suppose that way they have an audience as
opposed to taking it to email). They do not accurately represent the
'average ham' in any way, shape, or form. While you will find a few
nuts on the bands (e.g., jammers who do not identify themselves) the
vast majority are friendly folks who love radio, comply with Part 97,
and love a good ragchew.

I highly recommend you ignore the childish ad-hominem attacks in these
groups. Most newsreaders have filtering capabilities. Use them.

Leigh Orf KG4ULP

--

SDF Public Access UNIX System -
http://sdf.lonestar.org