Old August 18th 05, 07:33 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:51:39 -0500, (Richard
Harrison) wrote:

Fred, W4JLE raised a number of intresting points. DC to DC converters
The questioner referred to his truck cab as a "steel box". I accept his
word. However, I once had a Corvette with a fiberglass body. The
ignition system came well shielded and bypassed. The underside of the
hood was equipped with a fibergaass blanket for heat control and the
blanket was faced with aluminum foil for radio frequency control. It was
grounded. Trucks must use something similar if they have spark ignition
systems.

The Corvette`s Delco radio only had medium wave AM and VHF FM reception.
Both were satisfactorily quiet. Screams during acceleration and sudden
stops were the only disconcerting noises.

Best regatrds, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Richard, I don't know anyone working in the technical area of radio
transmission ever earning enough to enjoy a Corvette. Did you have a
large inheritance?

Walt, W2DU