Old August 18th 05, 08:22 PM
Richard Harrison

Walter, W2DU wrote:
"Did you have a large inheritance?"

No big windfall. I worked in Europe on a good salery for years. After
the first two, all I had to do was stay away rrom the U.S.A. and my
salery was tax-free. Then I investerd for the long term in some
unspectacular stocks with rising earmimgs and stock ptices. For fun I
bought some hot short term stocks too. I won some and I lost some, but
you only have to make one killing to pay for the losses. Diversification
is the key to staying in the game. Timing the market is highly unlikely.
So is reliable information unless it is first-hand.

I could tell you that Motorola is cash-rich and is buying back anout 10%
of its stock, but the Galvins are gone (except for Christopher) so the
stock is questionable. The management must think the stock is a good
investment or they shouldn`t be buying it. Who knows?

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI