Old September 11th 03, 02:46 AM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:55:06 +0100, "Andy"
wrote:

Hi Dave

I am new to all this. I have heard that the tuner might have problems
tunning on all bands if I don't use a 4:1 balun.

Are you saying that I don't need a balun just a choke?

What sort of choke would you reccomend buying for the job?

From the ARRL Antenna Book, for a 3.5-30 mhz choke, coil a 10 foot
section of coax into 7 turns, and tape them together rope-style (this
is for rg-8, 58, 59, 8x or 213).

Bob
k5qwg

Thanks

Andy

"David Robbins" wrote in message

"Andy" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is the best 4:1 balun to use with a wire dipole
configuration a voltage or current balun?
I want to be able to tune with the FT-1000 MKV Field internal tuner.

Thanks

Andy

a 4:1 for a dipole?? all you need is a simple choke, especially if you

are
going to have a tuner anyway.