Old August 19th 05, 03:16 AM
-ex-

Dave Edwards wrote:

Why are there all these big dollar hoaxes coming out of Africa??
I mean, of all places...why Africa? I get those silly emails about
someone's father, the general who died and left a lot of money, and they
need my help for something or other, blah blah blah.
What's up with that??
...Dave

If you'll check the headers very few of them actually come from Africa.
On the other hand there are probably night classes in Lagos Nigeria
that tell users how to forge headers to make it trace back to somewhere
like Romania
In my opinion, 99% of this is done by plain old everyday pranksters and
hoaxers. The same ones who do the PayPal spoofs.

-Bill