Old August 20th 05, 12:24 AM
David

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:39:45 -0700, Alexander Kozik
wrote:

Hi all,

Radio: Tecsun P230. Problem with AM reception (spurious signal?).
There is a strong AM station 50 kW with frequency 1530 kHz within 10
miles.
Tecsun P230 detects this station when it is tuned to 620 kHz.
No other radio detects this station at 620 kHz.
Actually, other radios detect weak distant stations at this frequency.
Obviously, there is something with heterodyne 1530 - 455*2 = 620

Could you explain what is wrong with radio or just point to the
useful web pages that describe the physical/electrical background
of this phenomena. Probably, I am not interested how to fix the problem,
I just want to understand why it happens.

Thanks a lot in advance,

-Alex

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_response