Old August 20th 05, 04:47 AM
BKR

I think he was providing a simplified model by eliminating phasing
lines. As I understood it he meant that there 3 outputs from the TX
with 3 equal length feedlines or a special feedline, and that all are in
a rotating 120 degree progression.

John Smith wrote:

BKR:

Reg has " There is a 3-phase transmitter feeding a 3-phase antenna..."

Does this mean the transmitter is powered off 3-phase 60 cycle (if so,
really doesn't affect the antenna) or is the transmitter final somehow
constructed with a tank supplying 3-phase rf???

Then the "3-phase antenna", is each monopole, dipole fed though different
lengths of feedline, with one 0 degree length, one 120 degree length, and
one 240 degree--electrical lengths?

Those brits can be tricky yanno! grin

John

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:05:28 -0600, BKR wrote:

Just a hint:
Think of how a turnstile antenna works. That one works in the
horizontal plane with 90 degree phasing. Check the radiation patern.

Reg Edwards wrote:

There is a 3-phase transmitter feeding a 3-phase antenna via a 3-wire
transmission line.

The antenna consists of three 1/4-wave horizontal radiators spaced at
120 degee intervals.

Is the radiation pattern in the horizontal plane perfectly
omni-directional?
----
Reg.