Old August 20th 05, 06:18 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Bill Sohl" wrote in message
ink.net...

"robert casey" wrote in message
.net...

I still like my suggestion......bottom 25 of ALL HF bands....CW ONLY.
No digital, etc. That way those that want can.

We could and should do this as a gentlemen's' agreement. No
need for FCC micromanagement here.

Works for me. Such is the case already
with ARRL bandplans for USA already.
I'd have no problem with the bottom 25KHz
each HF band being CW only.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Nor would I, per se, but since narrow modes like PSK31 take about the same
bandwidth, does it make sense to keep them out?

However, whichever way that question is answered, there is a problem is
that in some bands the bottom 25 kHz is for Extras only.

Would the Extra CW ops be willing to share their "exclusive playground" ???
Would they be willing to share with, e.g. PSK31???

(I should point out here again that I do NOT favor expansion of the phone
bands to allow SSB to "run roughshod" over CW and the digital modes any more
than I think that Winlink/PactorIII "robots" should run roughshod over CW,
PSK31, etc.)

See my other, longer post for more on this issue and others.

73,
Carl - wk3c
http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c