Old August 21st 05, 10:39 PM
GBrown

Most always the HV winding is under the filament windings. HV windings are
not the easiest to wind.

--
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

In article .com,
wrote:
I have a different receiver that continually blew fuses. I eventually
determined that it was a bad power transformer, probably a shorted
winding, since it blows fuses with the secondary completely
disconnected. I hope this is not your problem. Good luck.

If it blows fuses with the rectifier tube removed, this is almost
certainly the problem.

But, the good news is that when this happens, the shorted turn is
almost always on the (very fine wire) HV secondary, which is the
top winding in the bundle and the easiest thing to rewind.
--scott