Old August 23rd 05, 09:28 AM
Roger Shaw

Now didn't I tell you this would happen months ago, yet I was ridiculed for
even suggesting this. seems I was right after all. :-))
Shaw

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Barb" wrote in message

"Ray Colvill" wrote in message
No new models from them for while in the scanner arena.

The website has no scanners on the front page any more.

They seemed to have branched in another direction.

Any one know any more about what's up.

It reflects the current market - as in not much call for scanners now in
the UK. Let's face it, people only bought them to listen to police,
phones and PMR. Now a lot of it has gone digital and the only real
enthusiasts are left, they only form a small percentage of the market. So
companies have decided not to flog a dead horse so to speak. There is no
point in bringing out new models when there is no real demand for current
models. Sales have fallen consistently.
That's about it. If anyone else thinks differently then fine. Try
selling a scanner now, people ask "what can I listen to" and the reply is
a very short one! Not much.
We have to face facts and companies have, so that's why you're no longer
seeing any new models!
It's a shame really. Scanning has gone the same way as CB radio in the
UK.