Old August 23rd 05, 12:22 PM
Melv

I agree Paul, Uniden europe need to pull their fingers out and realise there
is a market for the features employed on Uniden USA scanners. I mean the
decision to leave close call feature out ot the ubc 92 to save money only
saved our money because there is no way we are going to bloody well buy it!!
As for AOR I asked them about this and this was their reply
"We have not abandoned the hobby market, as a SMALL company we cannot
bring new product to all market sectors simultaneously... currently we
are busy with other commercial / government products."
Melv

"PromaBoss" wrote in message
how do you figure you were right???

wqho is right ??

scanners are still selling both new and secondhand,ok its not as good as

it
was,but many people are coming into this hobby brand new and ok would like
yo have police but they donyt generally worry about it.

i have new members join scanproma every week of whixh some are new to

hobby
completey and AIRWAVE did not put them off there purchase.

there is definately a need for AOR/YUPITEU to brring in new models
ctcss/dcs/tagging perhaps there own versions of close call.

but Alinco and Icom do not see,m to have been put off by AIRWAVE do they?

icom r5/r20 and alinco dj-x2000 all totally new models even tohugh airwave
was already there in many pats of uk.

the market as said is not as big as it was,but again thats down to people
like AOR/Jupiteru not listening to the needs and making things to suit

there
needs and not ours

AOR expecting peopole to pay £70 for add in boards that most scanner
manufactees have built in now as standard really piut me off AOR

why should i pay £70 for a ctccs board ,a sub standard one at that,whwen i
can buy a scanner with both ctcss and dcs built in??

AOR need to take note of what out there in USA,and start offering us
something better.

at the moment the UK market is being pushed by the USA market,those who

dont
know about the features on scanners go out and buy there bulk standard
models in uk shops but those in the know will source thwe USA scanners.

as for things to listen to i have proved a thousand times how much there

is
out there and latest scanning directory will show even more.

its there,what you choose to listen to is personal,many will happily

listen
to things that others say are boring,if you dont want to listen or find

new
freqs then so be it,i prefer to have less scannerists providing me with
betterr information than someone just senidng me aleady published
police/fire freqs.

the uniden models relased in USA can easliy be released by Uniden europe

but
again they are as short sighted as AOR and the others.

the markets there,they just dont have any ideas to utilise it

"Roger Shaw" wrote in message
Now didn't I tell you this would happen months ago, yet I was ridiculed
for even suggesting this. seems I was right after all. :-))
Shaw

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"Barb" wrote in message

"Ray Colvill" wrote in message
No new models from them for while in the scanner arena.

The website has no scanners on the front page any more.

They seemed to have branched in another direction.

Any one know any more about what's up.

It reflects the current market - as in not much call for scanners now

in
the UK. Let's face it, people only bought them to listen to police,
phones and PMR. Now a lot of it has gone digital and the only real
enthusiasts are left, they only form a small percentage of the market.
So companies have decided not to flog a dead horse so to speak. There

is
no point in bringing out new models when there is no real demand for
current models. Sales have fallen consistently.
That's about it. If anyone else thinks differently then fine. Try
selling a scanner now, people ask "what can I listen to" and the reply

is
a very short one! Not much.
We have to face facts and companies have, so that's why you're no

longer
seeing any new models!
It's a shame really. Scanning has gone the same way as CB radio in the
UK.