Old August 23rd 05, 07:08 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

wrote in message
oups.com...
[snip]
How many folks on rrap have an 80 meter setup? As in "at least a G5RV
that works on 80, 35 feet up at least") There's W4NTI, N2EY, K8MN,
K0HB, and probably W3RV.

I do ... 160m-70cm here ... with digital modes as well as voice.

[snip]

Let's cut to the chase. It's about more room for 'phone and
less for Morse Code and digital modes. Some folks talk big
about "new directions" and "modernization" and "fresh ideas",
but what they really mean is more bandspace for SSB.

I, for one, do NOT support more bandspace for SSB ... I think it's
unnecessary.
The main problems are on contest weekends and a lot of those problems are
caused by too much testosterone and not enough operating courtesy from
*some( but not all) contesters and the "retaliations" from some equally
discourteous non-contesters.

Is that what is best? More room for SSB and AM, less for
CW and digital modes?

No ... see above.

--
73,